I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 5 April 2019

Spain 2019 - On the move again

Monday 25th March

We were on the move again today – just a short 3 hour hop to Perpignan.  Richard had made a picnic so we stopped in an aire and ate it.  Shortly after we crossed the border into France – no great shakes but that might change with Brexit!!  We arrived at our apart’hotel and parked the car in yet another underground car park.  Our room was more of an apartment with a bedroom, bathroom and living room with kitchen area.  It was much more basic than Tarragona but perfectly serviceable! 
  


I thought that I should do some research into the Yellow Train that we were supposed to be taking the following day.  However, all I found out was that it wasn’t running for 2 weeks due to maintenance   I was so disappointed.  This had been planned for over 2 years!  We had to cancel last year with Richard’s operation so this year we were going for it!  The cancellation wasn’t on the train’s main website – I found it somewhere else.  Still there was nothing we could do but I felt at rock bottom!

We needed some food so walked down the road to Lidl but they had no ready meals which could go in a microwave and they also didn’t have any fresh milk.
  


The hotel staff recommended an Auchan hypermarket a 10 minute drive away, so off we went.  Well, it was the biggest hypermarket I have ever been to!!!  You name it, you could buy it in there!!  I bought some clothes for my grandson and my new grandson, due in June.  We finally found the food and ended up with a large lasagne and a bottle of wine!

When we got back to the hotel Richard heated up the lasagne and we devoured it – neither of us had realised how hungry we were!  It was very good too, much nicer than the ones we get in the UK.



Today’s photos are from our time in Mojacar.

173 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment