I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Saturday 20 July 2019

Laleham (River Thames) Friday 19th July

We left our mooring in Windsor in the grey and thus is stayed all day   It wasn’t really raining at that stage but when it did start to rain, boy did it rain!  Richard was OK as he put the pram cover up but at each of the first three locks I had to go out at the front and get wet!

I had to take the obligatory photo of Windsor Castle and as I zoomed in, I could see the Queen was at home.
  



I also saw this motor cruiser covered in flowering plants – I don’t think I have ever seen this before.
  


As we approached Staines the rain just came down in stair rods – great as I needed to go shopping!  We moored up just after Staines bridge and had lunch.  Gradually the rain eased and when I left the boat it was only drizzling.  Sainsburys is just over the bridge on the Egham side so not too far at all.  Back at the boat I put the shopping away and got ready to do Penton Hook Lock – thank goodness the rain had stopped and I didn’t even need my coat on.  I took this photo from Staines Bridge.
  


We wanted to moor at Laleham and were a bit worried as time was getting on but in fact there were two spaces there and, as we aren’t greedy, we just took one!

That was it for the rest of the day as the rain started again.

While Victoria was on board, she cleaned my tiller pin family – she loves cleaning brass!  I’m not sure when they were last done!  They look wonderful now.  Thank you Toria.
  


10.18 miles
4 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment