I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 4 June 2010

Thursday 3rd June

Another glorious day. Richard decided to wash the boat and top up the batteries before we set off. Now that might not sound too onerous but don’t forget the boat is 60 feet long! Also the batteries are in a very awkward place – there was an awful lot of huffing and puffing coming out of the engine bay! We set off and did nine locks and a swing bridge before turning onto the Aylesbury Arm of the Grand Union at Marsworth. At the first lock ten baby ducks managed to get in the lock with the boat – they didn’t have their mother with them – I just hope they were all right! I took it into my head to walk between all the locks – my knee is now paying the price! At the start of the Aylesbury Arm are two staircase locks (it was Richard’s turn for the locks now!) then seven more before levelling out a bit. We only did four though and then tied up for the night. Richard went off on his bike and came back saying he had found a nice pub so we walked to it and had a couple of drinks before returning to Mary H for dinner. Millie is becoming very brave now and hops on and off – I’ve noticed her litter tray isn’t being used very much so I guess she is going on her forays :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment