I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Tuesday 2nd June

A wet and dismal day but we were expecting it. Richard was determined to get some miles under his belt so donned his wet weather gear and set off. Needless to say I stayed below! We rounded a corner and found a boat loose in the middle of the canal! Along with another boat we managed to rescue it and tie it back up albeit the opposite way round – guess the owners will be surprised when they get back to it! We stopped and had a leisurely lunch and then motored on (still in the rain) through one lock and then three locks until Richard pulled over for the night. I have to say I didn’t see much today as I was down below with my nose in my computer! You usually see people walking their dogs along the towpath but I took my cat for a walk! She really enjoyed it nosing into the bushes and obviously feeling very brave! No photos today – rain stopped play :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment