I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 4 July 2010

Friday 2nd July

As we weren’t moving on today we moved across the river to the Windsor side of the river where we moored against some nice concrete!! This also meant that Richard was able to complete his ring of holes and eventually make one big hole for the waste. I finally read the washing machine instruction book and then I was told to “go for it” and try it out. Oh why is nothing easy??? The machine wouldn’t work – there were a series of lights flashing which weren’t mentioned in the book so I rang Zanussi and was told that the machine wouldn’t work on a boat – I argued with the customer service guy and said that thousands of boats have the same washing machine and they work but he was adamant so I hung up! Behind us was another narrow boat who had also been moored up with us in Shepperton so I asked them and we were told that our inverter is the wrong one L I won’t go into technical detail (and yes I do now understand how it all works!) but needless to say I now have a lovely washing machine all plumbed in and ready to go but it won’t! If we can find a marina with mains electricity then it will work! Richard put a brave face on it all but I was so disappointed. We went for a walk into the town but it was so hot that we didn’t stay for long. We couldn’t let Millie out tonight as we were in the town but she seemed to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment