I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 3 September 2010

Wednesday 1st September

A beautiful autumn day – however it is only September 1st! I got up to make the tea and saw a kingfisher on the bank opposite it then flew up onto the pulpit of a boat. I took a photo which I was going to put on here but the bird is so small that I don’t think you will see it! We finally managed to go shopping and stock up the fridge again! We set towards Newbury not really knowing where we were going to stop. When we got to the first lock we buddied up with Beverly, whose owner, we called him Mr.Bumpy as he hit us twice on entering the locks, was a new “live aboard” – he had only been living onboard for six weeks. Just west of Kintbury we came across a horse drawn trip boat. We couldn’t have met it at a worse place – right where the canal is narrow and under a bridge! We did another six locks then found a very nice place to moor up just below Hamstead Lock at a place called Benham Broad. It was a real Millie place and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment