I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 15 July 2011

Thursday 14th July

Having said that I wasn’t going to write anything today I decided to. I had a very easy journey to West Ruislip with just one change on the train. The sun shone and the funeral service was lovely. I worked with Stuart and his wife Kathy 35 years ago and have kept in touch ever since. Stuart was the best man at my wedding to Derek in 1975. When I got back to Mary H we moved down into the main mooring area of Banbury and decided to go out for a meal as there was no TV reception! We found a Thai restaurant and had a lovely meal. It was such a lovely evening that we sat on a bench by the boat and had a glass (or two) of wine while Millie had a nose around. We were surprised at her as normally when we are in a built up area she wont leave the boat. Richard put her cat flap door in but we don’t know if she actually went out during the night. I thought I would add the above photo to show you Richard’s patent way of securing Millie’s cat flap door at night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment