I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Tuesday 2nd October

There isn’t much for me to say about today L  I felt down all day – I’m not sure if I’m just very tired or it’s a downer after the Liverpool experience.  Penny and I had been planning the birthday celebration since the Spring and Richard’s and my whole summer has been based on getting to Liverpool for September 26th, also we have been talking about crossing the Mersey for about two years – now it’s all over.
 
Salthouse Quay at night
As there was a distinct shortage of ironed clothes I did spend an hour doing the ironing while Richard went off to look at National Waterways Museum.  I really didn’t want to go – a definite feeling of being all museumed-out!  I do feel a bit bad about not going but maybe I will take myself off sometime this winter from Swanley Bridge when Richard is doing his maintenance!  He said it was extensive and interesting but he does wonder how they will ever restore all the old boats that are there.
 
After lunch we moved up the canal for about 4 miles – mainly to get away from the traffic noise.
 
It has been a very grey and wet day – I just hope that tomorrow is a better day both for the weather and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment