I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Thursday 20 June 2013

Vale Royal Visitors Moorings - Wednesday 19th June

It was a glorious morning when we woke up. I opened the front doors into the bedroom (we are reverse layout) and we reckoned that it was probably the first time we had done that in the morning for two years!

Devil's Garden

Devil's Garden
 I didn't really want to leave Devil's Garden but our destination was just above Vale Royal locks and it is lovely up there too.  Richard got under way while I was in the shower and when I went into the bedroom I had a lovely view up the river while I got dressed and dried my hair.

My view whilst drying my hair
We went through Dutton and Saltersford locks and into Northwich where we tied up on the town wall and walked to Sainsburys.  It was a slightly longer walk than to the Co-op but so much nicer - I have to say that the Co-op really is a very poor shop.
 
Dutton Lock
We topped up the water and then set off passed the visitors moorings.  Richard shouted out that one of the boats moored there was Felicitas who we went down the Trent with last year. We pulled over and walked back. Vera was on board (John had gone to B & Q) and shewas so surprised to see us.  We had a quick chat and planned to meet up above Vale Royal lock tomorrow.

Dutton Locks office

We had hoped to meet Dormouse at the moorings but we passed them just below the lock which was a shame but hopefully we will catch up with them back on the Trent and Mersey.

It was a lovely evening but I had decided it was time to try out some new recipes and had bought all the makings in Northwich so I missed out on drinks on the poop deck as I was busy making chicken kievs :-)


Devil's Garden to Vale Royal visitors moorings
11.33 miles
4 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment