I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Monday 7 July 2014

Shepperton (River Thames) – Sunday 6th July

We had a nice lie in today as we were only moving across from Weybridge to Shepperton.  I used to live in Shepperton so it is a must for us.  We moored up at Manor Park where I spent many 2nd Saturdays in June helping with the Village Fair – in fact I was Chairman for more years than I like to remember!

We had had such a late breakfast that we didn’t stop for lunch.  I was busy catching up on emails that I had got behind with and Richard was polishing the side of the boat – it looks lovely now.

A nice shiny Mary H
Our first visitors of the afternoon were my half-sister Charlie, her partner Rob and their daughter Abbie.  I haven’t seen Charlie for years and it was the first time I have met Rob and Abbie.  It was a lovely afternoon and we were able to sit out on the bank and enjoy the sunshine.  Abbie loved Muffin and dragged him up and down all afternoon (he was knackered later!).  It was great to see Charlie again and I can’t believe how she has matured into such a lovely lady :-)

Moorings at Shepperton
Our second visitor was Margaret – another person I haven’t seen for years.  I left Shepperton in 2000 and I certainly haven’t seen her since then.  It was a lovely catch-up and to hear about her daugthers, Charlie (another one!) and Emma who were at school with Robert and Victoria.


Shepperton
Thanks to Facebook both these people have come back into my life.  They both found me and invited me to be friends – I just love Facebook :-)

Sadly I didn’t take any photos of my visitors – what a shame :-(


0.6 miles
0 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment