I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Packet Boat Marina (Slough Arm) – Sunday 17th August

Bearing in mind our late night we were awake just after 7am – mainly because of people chatting on the pontoon.

Richard went off to collect the car while I did the packing and cleaning and was back about 3 hours later.  It was then a quick load up of the car and a drive home.

So we are now at home and going to a wedding on Saturday.  We will then spend a week catching up with family and return to the boat on September 3rd for our last outing of the season.

Here are a few things that I have forgotten to mention over the past few days plus a few extra photos.

In King’s Cross I saw my first new Routemaster bus, (colloquially known as the Borisbus) to replace). The bus is a hybrid diesel-electric and is notable for featuring a "hop-on hop-off" rear open platform similar to the original Routemaster bus design.
  


 This car was parked behind the canal museum and made me chuckle!
  


Spot the difference!  No – not the boat!

  


I’ve just found my next boat
  

  
Two pretty sunflowers at a London lock
  



 And finally – one very bored dog waiting for Aunty Dot to get off the phone back in Hertford!
  


 We have been on board for 7½ weeks (53 days) and our statistics for the period are

42 cruising days
328.37 miles
188 locks
2 swing bridges

So far this summer we have been on board for just over 13 weeks (92 days) and our totals for the year are

70 cruising days
554.85 miles
383 locks
26 swing bridges

I have just had to double check that as it says that we have had 22 non-cruising days this year – old “itchy feet” is slacking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment