I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 19 July 2015

Henley (River Thames) – Friday 17th July

We wandered up to Henley this morning to go to Waitrose – it’s quite a hike from where we are moored.  I did the shopping and then good old Richard carried it all back except for the dog food and the dog!  It was then a quick house work session ready for my son, Robert, and his wife, Laura, to come and visit.


I had hoped that we would be able to sit outside but even though it was sunny there was a fairly strong wind and I think the food would have blown off the plates!  So we ended up having lunch inside.  We had a lovely catch up and then they carried on their way up to Kenilworth for a hotel break.



It was soon time to start the barbecue which we going to share with Ferndale and Festina Lente but sadly Sue wasn’t feeling well so it was just the four of us.  It was a very enjoyable evening with a very nice sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment