I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Monday, 28 May 2018

Brittany - May 2018 (Part six)

Saturday 19th May - Royal Wedding Day

Not only was today the day that Prince Harry married the love of his life but it was also moving on day for us.  But how were we going to manage it all - well Penny and I as the men weren’t interested in the wedding!!  Fortunately we only had about an hours drive between the two sites and also we had been given a late check out.  Richard and I got the awning down and everything stowed away by just after midday (French time) so that I was free to go to the games room where we were able to watch the wedding on a big screen.  The bad news was that all the cable channels on the site had gone down and we had to watch it on a French channel.  Claire, my niece and Penny’s daughter, was watching it in England so we kept texting her with questions!  The worst part about watching on a French channel though was that all through the service all the spoken English was translated into French so we couldn’t hear what was being said!!  Penny and I had tears in our eyes as Meghan arrived - we thought she looked the perfect Princess and so brave to walk down the first part of the aisle on her own.  We left the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their carriage drive and went and got into our own carriages to drive to Sainte Anne la Palud.

It was a nice easy drive but somehow we beat Penny and Jim who’s satnav had directed them wrongly - or at least that is what they said!!  When we arrived and were checkingin we were greeted by a very nice young lady who didn’t speak much English, she struggled a bit with our surname and it came out as ‘Geefood-Hool’ then she looked at me as if to say is that right!!  She suggested that we look at the pitch that had been allocated to us - we knew it was near P & J’s chalet but it was awful so we declined it and ended up on a pitch almost on the sand dunes - we just have a small hedge between us and the dunes.  It’s a great pitch but I hadn’t really bargained on how much sand would come into the caravan.  We have brought the small Dyson with us but it is struggling to keep up (we didn’t bring the charging unit ☹️)

In the evening we put on our glad rags and took a very short drive to the local fish restaurant.  We had to take the car as we couldn’t take the dogs into the restaurant so we had to leave them in the car.  You can almost see the restaurant in the top photo on the left hand side.  I chose langoustine for my starter and steak for the main (OK I know it was a fish restaurant but I’m not that keen on fish but the steak was good).  It was a very expensive meal - we won’t be going there again!

Sunday 20th May

Sunday was a quiet day.  I was feeling really rough - a weekend of diarrhoea followed by a sore throat, cold and cough had really brought me down.  Penny and I went to the Intermarche in the morning as they shut at lunchtime on a Sunday.  Richard took Muffin for a long walk in the afternoon and met P & J.  I had a sleep and really relaxed and certainly felt better for it.  Richard cooked a barbecue in the evening.  I tried to take some photos of the sunset but they weren’t very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment