I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Thursday 8 April 2010

Wednesday 7th April

Millie started the day with a nice long walk, however she was itching to go into the hedge and explore but I didn’t dare let her! For the first time she set off in the direction we were going, turned round when asked and, even better, when we got back to the boat she hopped aboard!

We passed acres of polytunnels at Hademore, we assumed that they will be full of strawberries later on – enough to feed most of the Midlands I would imagine. I decided to make soup which ended up being leek, potato and finger! I bought a new potato peeler yesterday which is very good but very sharp! We stopped at Streethay Wharf for domestic purposes – they have a laundrette! I hadn’t used one for years and was amazed at how expensive it is! I decided to skip the drier as it has been a nice day so far! Next interesting place was Fradley Junction, which is the junction of the Coventry with the Trent and Mersey Canal. It was a very pretty little junction and obviously a local tourist attraction. Just down the canal is Alrewas (like walrus but without the “w”!) We moored up there for the night and wandered into the village. It is certainly one of the most attractive villages that we have seen on this trip, with lots of black and white cottages and 3 pubs! We just had to try one and sat outside in the sunshine having our drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment