I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Monday 21 June 2010

Friday 18th and Saturday 19th June

Friday 18th June

We arrived back on Mary H mid afternoon with Millie but no Victoria – she had had to work and decided to leave her visit for another time. We spent the afternoon chasing round looking for PC World as I’d had laptop problems on Thursday – the postcode given on the website was nowhere near where the shop was! As it was so late when we got back to the boat we decided to stay in the marina.

Saturday 19th June
We didn’t have a very early start as I had work to do so left about 11ish. After about an hour we reached Bull’s Bridge and headed on into London. We were very surprised at how green everywhere was bearing in mind we were going through Southall! We soon saw the new Wembley Stadium which was pretty stunning even from a distance – unfortunately the best view was hindered by a fence! Shortly we started to get into what I call London with the canal going past some typical London houses but with a surprise – the canal behind them. The photo actually shows shops at canal level with maisonettes over them. I found it fascinating that people could actually lean out of the living room and touch the water. Equally fascinating are the coots who build nests in any available spot – old tyres are a favourite! We got into Little Venice about 5.30pm which was rather late and all the good mooring spots were full. We went right down the Paddington Arm (see photo) but still couldn’t find anywhere so went back the way we had come and stopped quite a way from Little Venice. I have to say that I didn’t feel that safe where we were and when Richard suggested that we go and find a take away I said I would rather cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment