I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Monday 12 July 2010

Friday 9th and Saturday 10th July

Today I spent a baking hot day on the boat doing my tax return online! It was the first time I had done it myself and it took a long time but after a couple of calls to the help line I submitted it! No tax for me this year thank goodness in fact I’ll be getting a rebate on the tax I paid while I was temping :-) I then spent a very pleasant late afternoon/early evening reading my book sitting on the bank. Richard phoned to say that we have been given a permanent mooring in Newbury from the end of September which is a relief as I didn’t really like the idea of leaving Mary H on the canal bank all winter.

I didn’t wake up very early on Saturday and was then in a panic as I was having a visitor. Fortunately I got a text from Laura, my son Robert’s partner, saying that she would be late. By the time she arrived I was once again sitting on the bank with my book! She arrived with a wonderful cake – that was the reason she was running late! We went into Abingdon for lunch and a mooch round the shops. There was a musical fund raising event in the market square which added to a pleasant foray into town. We then sat and ate cake and chatted till it was time for her to go home. Richard had changed his plans and decided to come back so no sooner had Laura gone than it was time for him to get back. Today I realised that the two baby swans had gone. I had seen them on their own on Friday afternoon swimming down the river making such a row but now they have gone completely and Mum and Dad are on their own. I hate to think what happened to them :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment