I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Monday 23rd August

Poor Millie! We hadn’t realised when we moored up last night that the floor of the pontoon was made of a grating like material and that she had struggled to get ashore – mind you she had done it. We have made a mental note to get her some shoes! It had rained hard in the night and the river was running quite fast. It was nice to see the weirs with lots of water gushing over them again. We got up to Bath and prepared to go up through the six locks. We had company but unfortunately the owner was single handed which meant, even though he did try and do his bit, that Richard was running about like a madman! Just as we came out of the fourth lock the heavens opened and we got drenched and I mean drenched! My coat kept my top half dry but my trousers were soaked and when we finally pulled over all of Richard’s clothes were soaking – even his hankie! We dried off, had lunch and did some shopping at good old Tesco Express. We then motored on to Bathampton and I did a quick dose of housework as we were having visitors. My Aunt and Uncle live just outside Bristol and were unfortunately busy over the weekend but they drove out to meet us and see our “floating home”. We had a cup of tea and then walked all of 50 yards to the pub for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment