I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Tuesday 24th August

A very windy day – and no we didn’t have baked beans last night! I have to admit that I spent most of the day down below leaving poor Richard to brave the wind. We got to the Dundas Aqueduct where we filled up with water and Richard went to pull over onto the other side of the basin so we could stop for lunch when the wind just took all 60 foot of Mary H and banged her against the wrong side! From down below the noise was horrendous – quite a few things fell over but my flowers on the fire stayed put! We got back to Bradford-on-Avon where it seemed to be just as busy as it was when we went through it last week. I shared the lock with a day boat – goodness they had no idea of what they were doing at all!! Just outside Bradford we found a very nice “Millie” place so tied up for the night. It’s still blowing a hooley out there. (Just for your information, I just Googled hooley and came up with the following - The Hooley River is located in India and runs through Calcutta. "It's blowing a HOOLEY", comes from when steamship captains were unable to sail up the river!!

No comments:

Post a Comment