I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Monday 18 July 2011

Sunday 17th July

Another wet morning :-( I think we are in for quite a few of them over the next week if the weather forecasters are correct, however Richard donned his wet weather gear and we set off – his choice not mine I hasten to add! The first boat we passed was a hire boat and I had to giggle, I assume they had only just taken the boat over and were determined to enjoy themselves even it was raining – the lady was sat at the front under an umbrella reading a book – I wish I had had the camera to hand!! I took the opportunity of the wet weather to do some housework – I find it more exhausting hovering the nooks and crannies of the boat than hoovering the whole of Somersfield! I was just about to wash the kitchen floor (!) when we got to Napton Top Lock so I had to stop – shame! The top lock is called Marston Lock and is on quite a sharp 90ยบ turn but the experienced helmsperson (me of course) managed it perfectly :-) It poured with rain over lunchtime – good timing but we came down the flight in the dry though the boat was blowing everywhere. The new geraniums are still in the front of the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment