I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Friday 13th April

Richard realised last night that he had forgotten to bring one of his pills with him so we had to work out how to get some. Our destination today was Willington which fortunately has a chemist. I phoned them and they said that as long our doctor faxed through a prescription they could dispense the pills. The doctor was happy to do that and so we set off for Willington. I had some paid work to do today – the first work I’ve had for almost a year – so it was nose to the grindstone and I missed most of the day though it was through Burton-on-Trent which we had been through before and not the most scenic of areas! The guide books says that the canal is virtually featureless as it makes it’s way through the Trent Valley! There were only 2 locks to do so I didn’t stop for most of the trip. We arrived at Willington, well outside Mercia Marina to be exact. We both walked back to the village, found the chemist and lo and behold collected Richard’s prescription :-) I finally finished my work about 6ish and felt as if I had achieved something!

No comments:

Post a Comment