I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 22 June 2012

Thursday June 21st

I was woken at 5am by a strange noise. We are quite used to ducks pecking at the weed that has grown on the hull under the waterline over the winter but this was something different. I got up and looked out of the front doors and found a crow pecking holes in the bin liner that Richard had put there last night – he was having great fun raking through the rubbish! I frightened him away but he came back at least 3 more times – I felt like a jack-in-the-box in and out of bed! By the time we got up it was grey and raining but we were expecting it. We were going to stay put but Washingborough really is in the middle of nowhere and we needed water so Richard decided to don his wet weather gear and set off. We got as far as Bardney Lock for lunch where we also picked up water, then headed off down the lock. We went as far as Tattershall Old Bridge and pulled over for the day. We went for walk which turned out to be a very short one as it isn’t a particularly nice area – I know that sounds mean but it’s just a string of houses along a busy main road.

I’m now going to be very brave and share with the World that I’m on a diet or, as Victoria would say, I’m on a new way of life! I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago as I am going to be Mother of the Bride Groom in November. I know I won’t manage to lose all the weight I need to but I’m going to get as far as I can. So each Wednesday (yes I know its Thursday today!) I will admit on here as to how many pounds I‘ve lost during the previous week. In the first two weeks I lost 7lbs and last week it was 2lbs so a total of 9lbs. I’m really pleased with this as it isn’t hard at all. Richard is being very supportive and eating what I am giving him though last night’s effort was declared “I don’t mind if you don’t cook this again!”













No comments:

Post a Comment