I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Thursday 16 August 2012

Wednesday 15th August

We were all set to leave the marina when Richard decided to check the tunnel light (Foulridge Tunnel is coming up) but it didn’t work.  He had to walk into Barnoldswick and beyond to find a new bulb.  By the time he got back and had the light working again it was lunch time and then clip_image002too late to leave as rain was threatened for the afternoon.  We walked into the town to go to the Post Office but, in fact, left the package on the boat!  I also wanted a printer cartridge but it really was too much to hope that a small town would have one.  After we got back to Mary H the heavens opened and it poured for most of the afternoon – so glad we hadn’t set off!  This photo is of a row of terraced houses in Barnoldswick – they really made me smile each time we passed in the car as I thought the right hand end one looked like a person with a cocked hat on!!

It was weigh day again and somehow I have managed to lose 1lb!  As we have been “on holiday” I have been naughty and had an ice cream each day plus we have eaten out twice but we have done a lot of walking so I guess that the naughty bits have been cancelled out by the exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment