I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Monday 19 August 2013

Branston Water Park (Trent & Mersey Canal) – Sunday 18th August

A nice day after yesterday thank goodness.

By 9am there were boats moving in both directions and we had to wait at each of the eight locks.  At one lock there were six boats waiting to come up – all heading for Alrewas as far as I could gather!  As we had passed through Alrewas there was hardly any mooring left so there were going to be quite a few unhappy boaters L
 
A nice waterside property
We kept going until we reach Branston Water Park where Richard wanted to moor.  We arrived about 2pm and it was already busy there.  I really don’t remember August being this busy before but maybe this year we are in a more popular area.

It was a lovely blowy afternoon and I was really glad that I had done two loads of washing on our journey this morning – one was towels and they blew dry quite quickly.
 
 
Branston Water Park Dog Dip Area
Richard took Muffin for a walk round the lake of the water park and then in the evening we both went again.  I am having real problems with my feet so we didn’t go all the way round but I did have to smile at a sign saying that dogs could swim in a certain area but that part of the lake was filthy and I certainly wouldn’t have wanted Muffin swimming there.  (Sorry the photos are brilliant but I was using my phone.)

 
Fradley Visitors Moorings to Branston Water Park
7.11 miles
8 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment