I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Saturday 13 September 2014

Thames Court, Shepperton (River Thames) – Friday 12th September

We didn’t wake up until 8.30am!  I heard Muffin whine a bit earlier and told him to be quiet – it was probably 7.30am and he reckoned we should be up!

Hampton Court Palace
It was a much nicer day today – yesterday had been very grey but there was sunshine today.  Up passed Hampton Court Palace and into Hampton Lock which we shared with a large trip boat.  Passed Constables Boatyard were we stayed in July and up to Sunbury Lock which we had to ourselves.

Constables Boat Yard
Three nice riverside "huts"

We cruised passed Shrek and A Very Small Boat

Shrek
A Very Nice Small Boat

And under the lovely new Walton bridge

Walton Bridge
At Desborough Island we took the river instead of the Cut and meandered our way to Shepperton Lock – home again :-)

We took the last place at Thames Court and then settled down to some housework as I hadn’t done a thing since getting back to the boat last Wednesday!  Before Richard did the shower doors we gave Muffin a shower to get rid of the London grime!!  You should have seen the colour of the water!

I had texted my friend Barbara earlier to see if she was free – she was :-)  When she came down we walked to the Lock and had a cream tea and a good catch up.

Mary H from Thames Court
The reason we wanted to moor at Thames Court was that we were meeting up with my cousins Simon and Alison and their respective other halves.  We had a great evening and I learnt a lot from Malcolm and Kate about my cousins.  You can certainly tell we are all from the same stable!!!!!  (Sadly the photo below isn’t very good.  My fault as I forgot to make sure the flash was on.)

Me, Simon and Alison

9.45 miles
3 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment