I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 20 September 2015

Wigrams Turn Marina (Oxford Canal) – Saturday 19th September

We arrived back to Mary H today thanks to Victoria who drove us up here (well Richard drove up but she drove back). 

We have had a hectic four weeks.  We started off by going down to Devon to help celebrate my Sister’s birthday – we popped down to Cornwall while we were there to see friends.  The following weekend saw us in Cheltenham for a family party and last weekend we were in Swansea for my Godson’s wedding.  We have also been to see Richard’s new step grandson and my step father has had his knee replaced.  We’ve come back to Mary H for a rest!
 
My friend Wendy with Gareth, Eli and husband Terry
Gareth and Eli 
I always look at the amount of stuff we move backwards and forwards and wonder where it is all going to go but it all has homes and I soon had the boat ship shape.  This time there were more clothes than usual – summer and winter things as you never know what the weather is going to do at this time of year.

Wigrams Turn Marina had a barbecue this evening – it said 7 till late and we guessed we were in for a late night but when we switched the TV off at 10.15 pm all was quiet!  Obviously late up here isn’t what we are used to!


Party at the Marina


I had arranged a Tesco order for between 7pm and 8pm – I made it late as I wasn’t sure what time we would get to the boat.  Phone signal in the marina is hit and miss so we walked across to the car park to wait for the delivery.  We looked up the drive and noticed that the gates where shut – I hadn’t thought of that!  So we took a trolley up to the gate and waited.  The delivery van arrived and we had to pass everything over the gate – thank goodness I had asked for bags and not loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment