I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Thursday 26 May 2016

Guildford Rowing Club (River Wey) – Wednesday 25th May

We left our mooring about 10am.  We had a quick chat with FL but there was no sign of life from Klara.
  



  
I took these photos at Triggs Lock where the lock cottage has an amazing climbing rose.  It needs a bit of TLC but thriving anyway.
  



At Stoke Lock there is always a smell of sewage and today I could see why as there is a sewage farm beside the river.  There is a live-aboard by the lock which is right beside it!

I just love the Wey.  It is so peaceful and tranquil with wonderful scenery especially at this time of year with all the blossom.

We moored up just above Millmead Lock and walked into Guildford to get some shopping.  It was then a quick whiz round the corner where we moored up beyond Guildford Rowing Club.
  



FL and Klara weren't far behind us and we all sat out on the towpath until the cold and drizzle became too much but not before we saw this hot air balloon going up.  I think I would have been pretty fed up if I had paid a lot of money to go up in drizzle and into cloud.

8.97 miles
5 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment