I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Tuesday 20 April 2021

Deakins Bridge No 39 (Ashby Canal) – Monday 19th April

We both slept really well for a change.  It was a gorgeous morning, and as there were two other boats moored at Snarestone, Richard decided to move up to the water point before I had even got up!  I really don’t do mornings but once I realised how lovely the morning was, I was up and out!  He did the right thing as when we left one of the other boats was waiting to take our place.

We said goodbye to Lisa – Fred was hoovering the boat!  I hope it won’t be another 8 years before we see them again.  Sadly, Fred doesn’t blog anymore so I can’t keep up with them.  If you are reading this Lisa and Fred, it was lovely to catch up with you again and I hope you enjoy your summer cruising wherever that might be!

Down through Snarestone Tunnel and I managed to get this photo – I’m not sure what was happening on my phone as it took ages to actually take the photo. 

We passed the field with the large lambs in it, and I managed to take a photo.  Please don’t mention mint sauce!

Richard pulled over at Shakerstone Aqueduct and I managed to take some photos.  It was really pretty, especially with the sun shining. 

I couldn’t resist putting these two in the blog with the sun streaming through the trees. 


Richard pulled over at bridge 39 and it was so lovely, both the mooring and the day that we stayed put. 

The sun brought out the Mrs. Mop in me and I won’t say that I spring cleaned the boat, but I got nearly all the jobs done that I have been putting off.  Two left now – clean the oven and the shower walls

7.86 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment