I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Monday 26th July

We woke up late as we had a very disturbed night. About 2am we both woke up to shouting and screaming! There was a girl’s voice yelling ‘you don’t hit a girl’ over and over again and then we would hear what sounded like a thump! There was very little coming from the other person though I did hear a few choice words! We then heard the girl “flip-flopping” past the boat and then a bit later coming back and then it was silence – but it must have gone on for about a good hour or so. About 10am we saw 2 Police Officers coming out of the boat – I would love to know what happened! As we set off, in heavy drizzle, I had a good look into their boat but I couldn’t see anything :-( We did three locks and then decided to stop for lunch at Theale but in fact decided to stay there as the weather wasn’t really very pleasant. However it soon cheered up but we stayed put anyway! It gave me time to catch up on the Blog as my new computer has been taking up all my time and Richard took the opportunity to do some painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment