I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 14 August 2011

Friday 12th August


A successful night for Millie! I had wondered if there would be any mice on a very small island but I needn’t have worried!! We slipped our mooring lines about 10am and set off upstream. The first lock was Fladbury. Jim and I were shore crew and as we opened the paddles to fill the lock the water spurted out and completely washed over Cecilia’s foredeck – thank goodness it wasn’t my paddle that did it! After Fladbury it was Chadbury (!) lock – this one was much more gentle :-) As you approach Evesham there is a rope ferry across the river, to notify the ferryman to lower the rope you have to give three good blasts on the horn – thank goodness Richard has replaced our silly little horn otherwise I doubt if the ferryman would have heard it! We have tried a couple of times along this part of the river to empty our toilet cassettes, get rid of rubbish and fill up with water but so far we’ve only found rubbish disposal. We moored up at the town moorings in Evesham just in time for lunch. After lunch Penny and I walked into town and, oh dear, the sales were still on!! We were quite restrained though! In the evening we went ashore for dinner to a lovely Thai restaurant and had an excellent meal. It was then back to Mary H to watch Eastenders!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment