I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Thursday 4 August 2011

Wednesday 3rd August

I was woken up by a squawking seagull at 6am – why are they so far inland?? We left our little haven and set off for the River Severn. There are a few pretty lock cottages on the canal with, I guess, some pretty fed up owners! They had lovely quiet, idyllic homes until the canal was opened – one I noticed had brand new net curtains up at the windows, still with their creases in! There were three locks before we turned onto The Severn and then one river lock before we arrived back in Worcester. We have now completed the new Mid-Worcestershire Ring of 21 miles :-) We came back up Diglis Locks – boy are they slow – and into Diglis Basin Marina where we will now stay for a week. Richard goes home tomorrow to do battle with the lawn and the vegetable garden and I’m having a few days with Victoria before my mother and step-father come up for a couple of days and then we are off “cruising in company” with Penny and Jim, my sister and brother-in-law. I’m sure you will hear lots more about them in the coming couple of weeks :-) So readers I’m taking a “Blog Break”! I will be back next Wednesday.

In the meantime here are some statistics. 33 days, 235 miles and 242 locks. We lost count of Millie’s mice but of course she fell in once.

No comments:

Post a Comment