I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 17 July 2016

Above Denham Deep Lock (Grand Union) – Saturday 16th July

A day off in a lovely spot.  It was a hot day but we were under the trees so it was cooler.  The moorings start quite close to the lock and it was fairly busy but it gave us something to watch!



Fran’s Tea Shop at Denham Deep Lock

I had a lazy day as I hadn’t slept well and managed about 15 minutes sleep during the afternoon.  If I had the door and windows shut to keep out the voices of passers-by, I was hot.  If I opened them the chatter kept me awake!  I think in the end fatigue took over.

I’m not sure if the foliage is growing out of the boat!
Richard, however, had a busy and productive day.  He finished re-doing one side of the gunnel with non-slip tape and then painted it and also sanded and varnished the taff rail.


Our mooring

We had the long awaited BBQ.  Richard cooked the meat while Dot produced lovely salads and homemade rolls.  Added together with lots of wine - sparkling, red and white and finished off with cheese and biscuits – a wonderful evening.  I think we finally left the towpath about 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment