I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 16 April 2010

Thursday 15th April

A rather grey day and very cold – not what the forecasters said at all L We headed off towards Foxton and once again managed to sail through the swing bridge as someone had got there first! We stopped at the bottom of the 12 locks and I went to find the lock-keeper to book our place. There was a boat coming down so I helped them and then we set off up. As I shut the gate I was watched by a family of 5 adults and 4 children and, oh yes, a dog! As we moved up into the next lock they followed me and by the top (all 12 locks) they were all helping and the children were managing to shut the gates by themselves! It is always nice to have help but its great when children learn a lot too about how locks work. By the time we reached the top I was exhausted so we took on some water and then had an all-day breakfast at the café J I wanted to get to on with curtains so I’m afraid I left Richard to do the steering (in the cold) and got on though I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped but they are all up though not finished. They will have to go home again to be finished completely. When we stopped for the night I asked Richard where we were and he said he had no idea! Ah the joys of canal boating!

No comments:

Post a Comment