I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Sunday 4 July 2010

Tuesday 29th June

We arrived back on Mary H but I didn’t have my operation!! The hospital cancelled it with 22 hours notice – I was not amused! As we had already paid for the boat to be in the boat yard for a week we went back to Hampshire anyway. We came back with an addition – a WASHING MACHINE!! Richard finally relented though is still not convinced! With a lot of heaving he and I managed to get it on board and then down the steps and into its position. The boat was built with electricity and a water inlet in one of the cupboards but unfortunately no waste pipe. We then set off up the river passing Hampton Court, through Molesey and Sunbury locks to Shepperton. I lived in Shepperton for 20 years before moving to Hayling Island so this stop was a “must”.

Millie has now really taken to her boating life. When we got on the boat she wandered into the bathroom to see if her litter tray was there – nope! So she kept staring at the empty space until I put it down. Then she went to her food spot and did exactly the same and wasn’t happy until I had put some food down!! This evening, at dusk, she took herself off into the trees and we are going to bed and leaving her out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment