I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Saturday 21 May 2016

Shepperton, Thames Court (River Thames) – Friday 20th May

I woke up about 1am with toothache but I took a couple of paracetamols and it went.  We then woke up about 8am which is quite late for us.

The toothache is now just a very slight nag but I’m keeping myself well drugged up.  I feel so much better though – it’s great.


We moved back through the lock to Thames Court and Richard made good use of the decent mooring to polish one side of Mary H.  She does look nice now.

I thought I had better ring my dental insurance people to see where I stand.  They will pay for yesterday’s treatment but not for Monday’s so I have to go home on Thursday now to have the rest of the treatment.
  


Opposite us they are building a Hauf-Haus.  I seem to remember that there was a rather ugly place there before so hopefully this will look much better and very modern.

This houseboat came past us, I guess on its way to a new mooring.  I love the way the owners are sitting out on top!
  


Early afternoon we were joined again by Festina Lente and Klara who had stayed over in Windsor last night.  It didn’t take long before we adjourned to Thames Court for a drink or three.  No alcohol for me :-(

My toothache came back in the evening – I do hope it gets easier again.


0.78 miles
1 lock

No comments:

Post a Comment