I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 9 September 2016

Banbury (Oxford Canal) – Thursday 8th September

We are back!  In fact, we got back to Mary H yesterday afternoon and returned the hire car and got a Tesco order.

We had a lovely time at home.  Friday we travelled down to Frome to Knoll Hill Farm where we had taken over the whole place for my sister’s 70th birthday party BBQ on the Saturday.  19 people were staying at Knoll Hill and a further 16 people were staying locally.  A great time was had by all despite the fact that it rained nearly all day on Saturday.




We left Cropredy Marina this morning.  It’s a very nice marina and we are thinking of over wintering there in 2017/2018.

At all the locks between Cropredy and Banbury it was one up and one down which does make life so much easier.  I love the approach to Banbury as there is always such a lovely smell of baking bread.  We moored up at Castle Quay and settled down for the rest of the day.

Richard went shopping first and then I went for a wander around.  I love Banbury.  It is a lovely old town and fairly unspoilt in the centre.  It was market day so I managed to grab a couple of bargains from the greengrocer stall as they were closing up.  Oh and of course, a trip to Banbury isn’t complete without a visit to the M & S Food Hall!  As ever, Banbury is a riot of colour – and always the same colour.  I took these photos in 2011 but it looks just the same this year!





4.76 miles
4 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment