I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Saturday 13 May 2017

Above Kings Lock (River Thames) - Friday May 12th

Mary H says goodbye and hello.
I was decamping today to go home while Richard is continuing to Wigrams Turn with his friend Dave Plumb.  Richard and Dave used to share a sailing boat and would have boys weekends which they haven't done for many years.
Richard went off to Newbury to collect the car while I cleaned the boat from end to end - even the oven got a clean, well a wipe out!  Once the car was in Oxford it was just a case of loading it up, saying goodbye to Richard and Muffin and driving home.  The journey home was good other than a long queue getting off the A34 at Winchester.
About an hour after I had gone Richard walked to the station and met Dave.  Their plan was to go up the river to Duke's Cut and then  up the South Oxford.  They moored up above Kings Lock ready to tackle the canal tomorrow.
I am home alone for 6 days before picking the boys up.  My plan for the time?  Im going to spend the weekend getting a Granny fix then get ready for our cruise.
 I hope to do some sort of blog while we are away.  We use the blog as a diary and its a great way to look back on things.
 The photos today are ones that just haven't made the blog so far!  Catch you soon 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment