I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Spain 2019 - Its all over now

Saturday 30th March

We are now home.  Victoria and Muffin had an enthusiastic reunion – he so loves her.
  


Everything was fine so all I had to do was unpack and do the washing!  There were only 3 loads as I had got everything up to date before we left Mojacar but that was a week ago.  Richard just put everything in the hall and “all” I had to do was sort it all out and put it away.  
  


So, to sum up our “Quest to find the sun 2019”!
  • 2½ months in Mojacar was enough for us. 
  • We wouldn’t do more than one night stop-overs on the way home again – once we were packed and underway, we really just wanted to get home though we thoroughly enjoyed what we did!
  • I will try harder to get the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander/Bilbao but one has to get in as soon as the new timetables are published to get a dog friendly cabin.
  • I didn’t mind driving down through France – especially on a Sunday so maybe just look at returning using the long ferry crossing.
  • Having had a villa this year we don’t think we would want an apartment again – unless it was very special!!
  • Having visitors is lovely – bring ‘em on!


The next blog will be our big ship cruise in May, the onto Mary H for July and August.  However the Spanish blog, all being well, will be back in January 2020.
  


Thank you for reading – I hope you have enjoyed reading the blog as much as I have writing it.

And finally – what on earth is this?  Note the leg thingies!
  


Total mileage 4,207.

No comments:

Post a Comment