I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Tuesday, 30 July 2019

Weybridge (River Thames) – Monday 29th July

I’m back!!

There isn’t much white water for the canoeists coming over the weir
I had a couple of very hot days at home then two wonderful days with my two gorgeous grandsons – not forgetting Robert and Laura who made me feel so loved and spoilt 😊  Bobby, now 7 weeks, has just started to smile and performed for Granny every time I picked him up (I think it was the glasses mind you!), he is also just starting to find his voice and did a very short chuckle – it won’t be long before he can chatter on and coo.  On Saturday we went to Itchen Valley Country Park where there is a trail with big wooden play things.  Tobyn took his bike but it ended up hanging on the pram – nothing changes then!  On Sunday morning Tobyn came into bed with me and cuddled down before deciding that jumping on Granny was much more fun!  We then drove down to Warsash and the took the pink ferry across to Hamble-le-Rice where we had a walk and then took the ferry back.  All too soon it was time to head home – I’ve got another weekend pencilled in 😊

I didn’t take nearly enough photos

We tried so hard to get Bobby to smile for the camera but he wasn't having any of it - I got him to smile at me in this photo but Laura had the camera on the other side!

So back to today, Monday.  I had already gathered all the things that Richard wanted me to bring up and four brand new batteries had been delivered straight into the car.  I had a very good journey up – just over an hour and averaged 70mph except round Guildford where it is 50mph!

After a quick lunch, we unloaded the car and I left Richard changing the batteries over while I went up to Morrisons in Weybridge.  It is a lovely store with big wide aisles – those make such a difference to the shopping experience!  By the time I got back the batteries were more or less fitted, and the sun was streaming down onto the solar panels to charge them up.  They are Rolls AGMs if anyone is interested. Poor Richard was pretty exhausted as it was so hot down the engine hole but it was a good job done.  The old batteries had suddenly decided not to charge any more so my trip home was a blessing really - hopefully Richard can relax now instead of checking the voltage all the time!

Richard debated on whether to take the car home today but in the end decided to do it tomorrow as it was a bit late.

In the evening we went up to the Minnow again and had a meal.  My rib-eye steak was not good, so Richard complained, and we ended up with a free pint of Doombar and a free pudding – I’m glad we chose the most expensive but we did share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment