I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Friday 8 July 2011

Thursday 7th July

I’m afraid neither of us woke up till 8.45am! Most unusual for us! We wandered into town to get supplies for the next few days – hopefully we will have a BBQ tomorrow night. In the afternoon we went to visit a relative of Richard’s who resides nearby and had a nice afternoon. When we got back to the boat we set off upstream to Benson Lock which was on self-service. The gates opened so we went in but who ever opened the gates disappeared so I had to climb up the slippery slimy steps and operate the lock. Just up from the lock we pulled over almost opposite Shillingford Court – a beautiful old house but strangely enough there is nothing on the internet about it. (On passing it today, Friday, it would appear that it’s actually not very old whereas I though, from a distance that it was ancient!)

No comments:

Post a Comment