I am Linda and along with my husband Richard and our dog Muffin we enjoy our summers on the UK's canal system

Thursday 12 April 2018

The Folly Inn, Napton (South Oxford Canal) – Wednesday 11th April


It’s my birthday!  I’m not saying how old I am but it’s half a big one!  I had a lovely Facetime with Tobyn - and Robert and Laura of course and another Facetime with Victoria as I opened the goody bag she had given me.  Richard gave me a lovely star fish necklace which he had hidden in the depths of the boat!  Bearing in mind we left home a week before my birthday I had seven cards to open 😊


We woke up to the rain hammering down on the roof but by 11am it had stopped and we were underway – destination The Folly at Napton for dinner.  Richard said that it was cold as we cruised along so I stayed inside in the warm!  Even Muffin was shivering and had to have a coat on.

We moored up on the visitor moorings at Napton.  The towpath was so muddy – why can’t CRT put scalpings down on official visitor moorings.



It was such a grey afternoon, so I immersed myself in transferring scribbles onto a spreadsheet for our holiday in Spain next year!  The scribbles were from a few weeks ago and really needed sorting while they were freshish in my mind.  I find that if I don’t look out of the window and think about sun and holidays it doesn’t feel too bad!

I had to put my wellies on to go to the pub and was terrified of slipping over!  I changed into shoes to go into the Folly but I don’t think I need have bothered!  On our table was a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the children and my sister.


I love the Folly with it’s eclectic collection of bric-a-brac.  I'm just glad I don't have the job of dusting it all!



It was then back to the boat.  I have to say that it wasn’t the most exciting birthday I have ever had – if only the weather had been better!

I think I have managed to delete the webring – I would appreciate feedback if it appears again.  Thanks Tom for your help 😊

5.59 miles
0 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment